Booking Conditions - reviewed 20th July 2021
The ‘Conditions of Hire’ detailed here apply to all Hirers. The term ‘Hirer’ shall be deemed to apply to an individual Hirer or, in the case of an Organisation, the Authorised Representative of that Organisation.
The Hirer of the Hall is subject to completion of a Hiring Agreement in every case, and these conditions form part of the Hiring Agreement and are to be read in conjunction with it.
The term ‘Hall’ and ‘Premises’ are deemed to include the Village Hall Building and the Village Hall Car Park.
The Hirer is responsible for complacence with these ‘Conditions of Hire’ at all times during the period of hire by all persons occupying the premises.
The Hirer is legally responsible for breaches to the Hiring Agreement or ‘Conditions of Hire’ and is strongly advised to insure against any claim by the Hall Committee arising out of the hire.
1. Use of the Premises: The Hirer shall only use the Hall premises prescribed in the Hiring Agreement and only for the purposes prescribed therein. The Hirer shall not sub-hired. The Hirer shall not permit the premises to be used for any unlawful purposes. The Hirer is to comply with all legal licensing, security, safety and insurance requirements. The Hirer is to ensure no ‘fly posting’ or other form of unauthorised advertising is carried out for the hiring event at the Hall.
2. Supervision: The Hirer is responsible for the Hall’s fabric and contents, and the conduct, care and safety of all persons in the Hall. Written confirmation of CRB checks will be required for regular hirers with groups under the age of 18. Supervision requirements are a minimum of 0 - 2 years - one adult to three children, 2 - 3 years - one adult to four children, 4 - 8 years - one adult to six children, 9 - 12 years - one adult to eight children, 13 - 18 years - one adult to ten children.
3. Safety – Health – Hygiene: Immediately prior to the commencement of the period of hire, the Hirer is to brief staff, members and guests (as applicable), on the safety procedures to be observed whilst in the Hall. In particular, detailed Fire Safety Precautions are to be briefed, including the method of raising the Fire Alarm, the location and use of fire fightingequipment, the position and operation of emergency fire exits(including stage exits if applicable), and the Emergency Assembly Point outside the Hall. The Hirer is to ensure that all Fire Exits are kept unlocked, with access routes clear of obstructions, at all times. Designated Fire Doors are to be kept closed at all times. The Hirer is to ensure that personal electrical equipment used on the premises is in good working order, operated in the prescribed manner, and any safety devices included thereon are utilised. Highly Inflammablesubstances are not to be brought onto the premises, the use of portable Liquefied Propane Gas appliances, or any naked light, is prohibited. When Kitchen use is included in the Hiring Agreement the Hirer is to comply with all relevant Health and Hygiene regulations applicable to the preparation and serving of food.
4. Licenses: The main and small Hall combined are licensed to hold a maximum of 200 people, and the Small Hall on its own a maximum of 30. The Hall is licensed for the Consumption of Alcohol. The Hirer is to ensure that only alcoholic drinks purchased at the bar are consumed on the premises. No private or personal alcoholic drinks may be brought into the Hall. The Hirer is to comply with the legal requirements restricting access to the Bar Area by minors. The purchase of alcohol drinks by minors is strictly forbidden. The Hall is not licensed under the Gaming, Betting and Lotteries Act. To hire the bar there must be at least 2 weeks notice.
5. Accidents and Damages: The Hirer is to report any accidentinvolving injury to the person and any damage to the Hall fabric or is contents or to any equipment brought on to the premises. Accidents are to be logged in the Accident Log Book in the First Aid Box located in the kitchen. A verbal report on all accidents and damages is to be made to the Booking Secretary as soon as possible, followed by a written report within 48 hours of the occurrence. The Hirer shall indemnify the Hall Committee for the costs arising out of any accident on, or damage to, the premises during the period of hire, and is responsible for insuring against any claims arising, including those from third parties.
6. Tidiness and Cleanliness: It is a strict condition of hire that, at the end of the period of hire, the Hirer shall leave the premises in a clean and tidy state. All chairs and folding tables are to be wiped clean and dry and returned to their storage room. Floors are to be dried and swept clean. All items of equipment brought onto the premises, including stage props, are to be removed. The kitchen is to be left clean and tidy and crockery and utensils cleaned, driedand stored away. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in the Hirer’s Special Deposit being forfeited.
ALL FOOD WASTE AND LEFTOVER FOOD MUST BE TAKEN AWAY WITH YOU AFTER YOUR HIRE
7. Access and Egress: The Booking Secretary will advise the Hirer on the access of the Hall’s keys before the event and their return at the end of the period of hire. Before securingthe hall at the end of the period of hire, the Hirer is to ensure all exit doors (including emergency exits) are secured, all electrical appliances are turned off (in particular kitchen appliances) and all lights extinguished.
8. Car Parking: Cars are to be parked in the prescribed slots. All parking is at the car owner’s risk. The Hirer is to ensure that the entry and exit lanes to the car park are free at all times. The Banwell Surgery and Pharmacy have parking rights and these are to be respected.
9. Lost Property: The Hall Committee accepts no responsibility for any property lost on or stolen from the premises. The Booking Secretary or Hall Caretaker may be contacted post hire to ascertain whether any lost property has been found.
10. Consideration towards Others. The Hall is situated in a populated area with private dwellings close by. Excessive noise, arising from the event in the Hall, or from extraneous noise in the car park and surrounding area, cause adverse comment and bad relations with local residents. The Hirer is to ensure such disturbances is minimised, particularly at the end of a late evening hiring period when participants disperse.
11. Hiring Fees: A casual hirer is to pay in full all hiring fees due, including bar fee (if applicable) and the Special Deposit, no later than one calendar month prior to the commencement of the hiring period. Regular hirers are expected to pay in advance, at the beginning of the month of the hire.
12. Cancellation: A casual hirer may cancel the Hall booking up to one calendar month prior to the hire period set out in the Hiring Agreement without financial penalty. After that date, the Hiring Fee (including bar fee) is non-refundable, but the Special Deposit paid shall be refunded. The Hall Committeemay cancel the hiring, without penalty or consequential liability, in the event of the Hall becoming unfit for use for any reason, or if it is required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye-election. In such and event, any deposit, hiring fee, or special deposit paid by the Hirer shall be refunded.
13. Hall Insurance: The Hall Committee is fully insured against third party claims for negligence arising from a Hiring Contract.
Special Conditions of Hire during COVID-19 - Reviewed 20th July 2021
1. You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the Hall, in particular using the hand sanitiser supplied when entering. It is strongly suggested that Masks should be worn when moving around and in enclosed areas of the hall for example the kitchen, offices & toilets.
2. You undertake to comply with the actions identified in the Hall’s risk assessment, of which you have been provided with a copy.
3. Each individual USER GROUP will be responsible before your session commences for cleaning door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment, toilet handles and seats, wash basins, chairs and tables and all surfaces likely to be used during your period of hire before other members of your group or organisation arrive and to keep the premises clean through regular cleaning of surfaces during your hire, paying particular attention to wash hand basins and kitchen sinks, using either the products supplied (in kitchen cupboards under sinks) or your own ordinary domestic products. You will be required to clean again on leaving.
Please note: The Hall will not be cleaned daily by the Village Hall Cleaner and are responsible for cleaning all regularly usedsurfaces during your period of hire. Please take care cleaning electrical equipment. Spray onto cloths not directly onto surfaces.
4. You will make sure that everyone likely to attend your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
5. Please KEEP A LIST of all individuals who attend, with their contact details for 14 days in case a member becomes unwell. If they do; Inform the Hall Chairman, Liz Shayler, IMMEDIATELY, contact no: 01934 822441
6. It is suggested that you keep the premises well ventilated throughout your hire, with windows and doors open as far as convenient. You will be responsible for ensuring they are all securely closed on leaving.
7. You will ensure that no more than 100 people (for a sitting / Standing event) or 50 (for an exercise class) in the combined main & small hall, 15 people in the small hall (Bar Area) attend your activity/event, in order to facilitate social distancing.
8. It is strongly suggested that you keep a record of the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event for a period of 3 weeks after the session and provide the record to NHS Track and Trace if required.
9. You will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths, in the rubbish bags provided, in the kitchen cupboards under the sinks before you leave the hall, including emptying any bin used.
10. You will be responsible, if drinks or food are made, for ensuring that all crockery and cutlery is washed in the dishwasher and stored away. You must bring your own clean tea towels, to reduce risk of contamination between hirers, and take them away.
11. We have the right to close the Hall if there are safety concerns relating to COVID19, for example, if someone who has attended the Hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that the Special Hiring Conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be chargedfor this hire.
12. In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms while at the hall you should remove them to a safe area. Provide tissues and a bin or plastic bag, and a bowl of warm soapy water for handwashing. Check others in your group have provided their contact details and then leave the premises, observing the usual hand sanitising and social distancing precautions, and advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home. Inform the Hall Chairman, Liz Shayler, IMMEDIATELY, contact no: 01934 822441
13. PLEASE NOTE: ALL User Groups/Hirers MUST email Maggie McCarthy, Secretary, their own Risk Assessments or a written agreement to follow the Village Halls risk assessment, before re-opening their groups. She will then confirm your room hire if your Risk Assessment is thorough and that your group may meet.
The Village Hall Management Committee are following guidance issued by the Government: COVID-19: Guidance for the safe use of multi-purpose community facilities
Please be aware that we may need to CLOSE the Hall at short notice.